Volunteers are the heart of every strong non-profit. We are aiming to build a volunteer program at Freedom House. A volunteer program will help relieve pressures on staff resources, financial resources, broaden client based life skills programs, engage more people with Freedom House, and increase financial support.
Below is just a sampling of volunteer opportunities; have an idea please contact Dawn Knill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-617-5492.
- Professional background in any type of life or social skill that may benefit our residents (e.g. basic budgeting, job searching, interviewing, cooking, public speaking, etc.)
- Tailors/seamstresses to do alterations on the professional clothing we are collecting
- Drivers to take residents to and from work and appointments during the day or on weekends. These volunteers would be using Freedom House vehicles
- Administrative help with filing, organizing and answering the telephones
- Special event committee volunteers for events throughout the year – 5K run, golf outing, awards luncheon
- Photographer – to take professional headshot photos of our residents; photos at our special events
- Video – knowledge and equipment to create some videos which can be used for marketing purposes as well as a donor thank you
- Literacy volunteer; English as a second language
- Grant writer/researcher – can work remotely or in the foundation office. Would work closely with the director of marketing and development to identify potential funding sources and write proposals. One or two days a week.
- General construction for special projects
- Licensed plumbers and electricians
- Mechanic to do vehicle repairs
- Contractor to pave the entire driveway
- Landscaper to re-grade side hill to create additional parking spaces
The Family Afterward
- Landscaper – yard clean-up, landscaping and shoveling
- Dumpster and volunteers to clean out basement and garage